Professionalism, Integrity, and Craftsmanship
MIDWEST GLASS & MIRROR —
Join the Team at Midwest Glass & Mirror
Employment opportunities include office staff, management positions, estimators, installers, sales and service technicians.
- We believe the customer is our most valuable asset and will work to achieve a long lasting positive relationship with our customer.
- We believe that our individual and company relationships should be conducted on the basis of the highest standards of conduct and ethics.
- We believe in an environment which will maximize our employees’ potential and their contribution to our success, and we will see to it that our employees share in our success in meaningful ways.
Employees are permitted to make purchases of all merchandise produced and/or distributed by Midwest Glass & Mirror. The employee discount is 25% off most items such as glass, mirrors, etc. Other items such as windows and doors will be priced out on a per job basis. The discount must be for the employee’s personal use or their immediate family’s use.
Regular full-time employees are eligible to apply for our health insurance program. The insurance becomes effective when the employee has worked continuously for ninety (90) calendar days.
- Should the employee elect to accept the current program, Midwest Glass & Mirror will pay fifty percent of the current rate of the insurance for the employee and legal family members.
- The other fifty percent of the insurance cost, for themselves and legal members of their family, may be paid for through payroll deductions.
- As the cost of insurance rises or falls the company reserves the right to change the percentage that it will pay.
- Complete health insurance information is available upon request.
Employees are eligible to receive holiday pay after satisfactory completion of their probationary period.
The following holidays will be paid for by the company providing the employee did not take a normal working day off the day before or the day after the holiday. If a holiday falls on Sunday that holiday will not be paid because the holiday did not interfere with the normal company working hours.
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
Term life insurance is provided and paid for in part by Midwest Glass & Mirror. Regular full-time employees are eligible for this benefit. More information can be requested from the Human Resources department.
Regular full-time employees are eligible to earn and use vacation time as described in the following schedule:
Vacation Days Earned Per Year:
- 1 week – One to two years of employment –
- 2 weeks – Three to four years of employment
- 3 weeks – Five or more years of employment
Vacation time earned is based on a work week of 40 hours.
The Midwest Glass & Mirror 401k Profit Sharing Plan is designed to allow eligible employees to share in the profits of the Company. The Plan is also intended to give you the opportunity to accumulate savings by means of salary deferral and to provide you with retirement and other benefits.